Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Breast Reduction Surgery

Well, it's the day before my breast reduction surgery. I'm on edge about it, just so nervous.
I went to see Dr. Jon Bishop about 4 weeks ago to see if he thought I would qualify for the surgery and have my insurance pay for it. He did measurements and pictures and sent them to my insurance company. That same day I got an approval so here I am now, the day before the big day.
I went on YOUTUBE one day to see what the procedure was like and I came upon a nasty looking video of one. I was so surprised at what they do. I think that's why I'm so nervous about it. They literally fillet your breasts open and cut out breast tissue. My surgery will be approximately 3 hours and I'll be staying overnight in the hospital. I'll have drains coming out of each breast and I'll have a pain pump for several days. I won't be able to lift anything more than 5 lbs. for 6 weeks, I can't lift my arms up etc. So the recovery is quite hard but I'm ready to get this over with and start the recovery process.
I've put on a lot of weight the past 2 years and so I've gained a lot of it in my breasts. I haven't lost the weight and not sure when I will but I'm so tired of seeing pictures of myself. The first thing you see are my breasts and I hate it.
It's funny, when I tell someone I'm having a reduction done the firs thing women say is "can you share with me?" I wish I could darn it. Here I am getting rid of my DD's and women are paying to have them.
I'll be going from a DD to a C and I know I'll be so much happier. So here's to a new me in a new year. I'm praying it all goes well and that I'll be so happy after.

No comments: