




Rog and I just got back from spending a couple of nights in one of our favorite places called Sulpher Campground. When the kids were growing up it was one of their favorite places to go too. We loved going there because you would inevitably see moose and elk all over the place in the camground. One year Roger was so close to them I was screaming to get away but he wanted me to take his picture with them.
There is a little river that runs right in the campground so we always fish in that. I caught 4 the first day and Rog caught a few too. It's so beautiful and so calming to just walk up and down the stream trying to find the right spot where the little fishies will be. (I really do mean little as you can see in the pictures.)The weather is always so nice and cool up there.
On Friday we went on a two hour hike to Scud Lake. We hadn't ever been there before so we thought we'd try something new. The hike wasn't too hard. We finally got to the lake and it was so beautiful. Lily Pads all over it. The colors were so vibrant. When I'm enjoying these things I'm always thinking about our generous God who created all of these things for us to enjoy. I'm so blessed to be healthy enough to enjoy these beautiful creations. The air is so fresh and clean and the smells are of wonderful pine trees. It's so worth it to hike in to see all of these things.
I miss having our kids there with us and I hope some day they can once again join us for these kinds of adventures.
3 comments:
I love Sulfer! It's the best place ever. I really wanted to go, but we had too much going on. Can't wait till we go in 2 weeks! :) Glad you had a good time!!
Where is Sulfer?
The earth is really such a beautiful place. You are so good to get out and enjoy it!
Post a Comment