How many times have we asked ourselves the question "why?" Why is the sky blue? Why do I have to have the body I have? Why can't I have more money? Why? Why? Why?
Right now in our family we have a situation where we are asking "why?" Why does Jake, our new soninlaw have to find out he has cancer just one month after he married Shana? Why does Shana keep having trial after trial? We will never know the answers. But, we do know that the trials and tribulations that we endure here on the earth are for our own good. How else can we grow and learn? We can always dwell on our problems and think we have it so bad. But then you will always hear of someone else going through something so much worse. That in turn, makes you appreciate your own trials.
I look back on my like and I really have been blessed. My main trials that I've had to endure are loosing both of my parents by the time I was 23 years of age. Watching both of my parents slowly die was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. I remember when my dad died, I was 16 years old. But, I still had my mom. So I wasn't so worried. But then when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after, that's when it really hit me. My mom passed away when I was 23 years old and I was now an orphan. I have read and re-read her journals over the years and how badly she wanted to live. My mom had many trials the last few years of her life. Having her mother pass away on Christmas Eve day in 1974. Then in March of 1976 having her husband pass away. She had taken care of him for many years and so that left such a void in her life. In 1977 she was diagnosed with breast cancer. How devastated she was. She went through radiation and chemotherapy only to have the cancer return to her brain, lungs and spine. My trials were trying to be with my little family and taking care of a brand new baby and also wanting to be with my mother and taking her to her appointments in Salt Lake City. Over the years, just like many married couples, we have had our trials. But through faith and lots of prayers we have over come them. I would gladly take my trials over many other peoples.
I guess we will never know "why?" to a lot of our questions. We just have to trust in the Lord that he knows what he's doing when he hands out these trials.
I want Jake to know how much I love him. How proud I am of him and the way he has handled his diagnosis. He has many rough days ahead of him but I know through all of the people praying for him that he will be a survivor. I know that he was sent to Shana and her boys for a reason. God has a plan.
1 comment:
Thanks Mom. I know we all go through many trials in our life and the only way to get through them is to get through them! :)
Jake is strong and he will get better and this will only be a minor thing in our lives that we will look back on. We are so lucky that he is alive and getting better. We love you
Post a Comment